Home

2004 Yamaha F225 exhaust corrosion repair kit

Part # MAR-EXHKT-04-00. THIS KIT IS FOR F200, F225, & F250 MODEL YEARS 2004 & NEWER. Please see the full product description for a list of parts included in this kit. This is the standard kit put together by Yamaha. SIM Yamaha put together a kit that includes this standard kit, plus the pieces for the oil pan area Please see the full product description for a list of parts included in this kit. This is the standard kit put together by Yamaha. SIMYamaha put together a kit that includes this standard kit, plus the pieces for the oil pan area. See the full kit here: EXHAUSTKIT0203SIM THIS KIT IS FOR F200 & F225 MODEL YEARS 2002 & 2003 ONL Apparently Yamaha has decided to offer a kit at cost to repair exhaust corrosion on the F225 4 strokes. Sent the info to my dealer in CT who confirmed with Yamaha that they are doing this but parts may not be available yet. Sounds like this guy got them. Not sure if Yamaha will reimburse those who paid full price for these parts or not

Buy a lower unit gasket kit for the Yamaha F225 here: https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/69J-W0001-21-00?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=video&utm_campaign=d.. Buy Yamaha MAR-EXHKT-03-00 - Yamaha Upper Casing Exhaust Kit for 2002 and 2003 F200 and F225 models . This OEM part is guaranteed by Yamaha's limited part warranty FREE Shipping on qualified orders - Boats.ne My F225 '03 with 936 hours is in the shop right now and has the problem. An image of the dry exhaust area is attached showing the corrosion. The kit is $725 and there is a 2 week backorder. I think labor is 6-7 hours. From what I've seen and heard, no amount of flushing will help this problem I have three F225's and I have had to replace all 3 exhaust plates Yamaha is making things right To me the price they charge for all of the parts that they send in the kits is not bad at all. I don't really think the hours had much to do with it but my first one had to be replaced at 1100 hours and the other two were around the 1400 hour mar Owners of some Yamaha outboards are incensed at having to pay thousands to repair their relatively low-hour engines. Recently, the BoatUS Consumer Protection Bureau has been made aware of dozens of reports regarding serious corrosion problems in Yamaha outboards, specifically 2000 to 2004, first-generation F225 models

01-04-2014, 12:24 PM. Here is the kit you may need: MAR-EXHKT-04-00 EXH KIT F200-250 04 $634.06. While the power plant is removed you might want to consider installing the crank shaft speedy sleeve and a new oil pump. Or, just the speedy sleeve and a new oil pump seal if you feel the pump is in good condition Recently, the BoatUS Consumer Protection Bureau has been made aware of dozens of reports regarding serious corrosion problems in Yamaha outboards, specifically 2000 to 2004, first-generation F225 models. Over time — the issue usually surfaces after 500 to 700 hours of use — the engine's exhaust gases appear to corrode the exhaust tube and.

Yamaha'S Standard Upper Casing Exhaust Repair Kit for 2004

1. So, here's an update on my F225 corrosion problem. The problem was diagnosed over a month ago (Dec. 6), since then it's been sitting in the shop. At the time, yamaha said the kit was on 2 week backorder so we ordered it and hoped to have it by the end of the year
  2. this is a video showing exhaust kit install on yamaha outboard. this is midsection only, my other video shows removing powerhead as well
  3. video showing exhaust replacement on yamaha 4 stroke outboard. applies to 200, 225 and 250 hp
  4. Re: Yamaha F225 (Exhaust passage corrosion) Root Cause? hello<br /> I have not seen such corrosion issues yet. but with salt water anything is possible. are you using the engine flusher with the engine off or flushing it the better way with the muffs? with the engine off the factory flushers on most motors cannot properly circulate water. while better than nothing its poor at best. has the.
  5. Both before & after the repair, the engine has been pure joy. Runs like a clock From what I have read, there is some chance that the earliest F250 could also suffer exhaust corrosion. For me, additional considerations would be - the F250 is an interference design - the F225 is not - the F225 runs on 87 octane - does the F250 not require higher
  6. Our Yamaha F225 has corrosion issues, and that corrosion is an obstacle as we work to get this outboard running again. In this short video from Boats.net, we..
  7. exhaust kit with oil pump for 2004~2007, 25 and 30 f200, f225 and f250hp motors mar-exhkt-04-00sim Rating Required Select Rating 1 star (worst) 2 stars 3 stars (average) 4 stars 5 stars (best

Yamaha'S Upper Casing Exhaust Repair Kit for 2002 and 2003

Took in my 21ft Cape Horn yesterday to have the exhaust service done. A small amount of corrosion the last time the lower unit was pulled, but looked pretty good according to Robby. Bit the bullet anyway, and got the kit with oil pump from SIM. Wanted to preserve my 2003 f225 txrb, and not risk power head corrosion issues Hi Ken, Per THT, there seems to be a good amount of corrosion going on in older F225's (pre-2004) where the cooling passages are rotting out from salt water exposure. Apparently, Yamaha has suppressed news on their warranty rejections for corrosion issues yet has changed how they paint or coat the internal cooling passages of the newer motors.

F225 Exhaust Corrosion Kit Grady White Boat Owner's

my guess. corrosion ate a hole through the head. take it off and have a look. 2004 Yamaha F225 Engine, 900 hours, running rough and not making top RPM. Today found water in cylinders 1 and 3, top two cylinders on starboard cylinder bank. Compression check OK, bottom cylinders dry, oil clear Ask the experts on our Yamaha Outboard Forum for repair issues, diagnosing problems, links to diagrams, suggestions on buying parts and more. 2004 Yamaha F150 Corrosion Issues 08-08-2014, 04:55 PM Now the 3.3 liter F200/F225/F250's are another matter altogether different gman, Drop an email to Boat US, They are compiling data on exhaust corrosion and will present it to Yamaha. I know what you are going through since my 2004 f225's had the corrosion issue earlier this year. We have to get together on this issue for yamaha to take notice & hopefully stand behind their product Buy Yamaha MAR-EXHKT-04-00 - EXH KIT F200-250 04 . This OEM part is guaranteed by Yamaha's limited part warranty FREE Shipping on qualified orders - Boats.ne

Yamaha F225 Outboard Exhaust System Rebuild Yamaha 225

1. Here is a video recorded via bore-scope through the lower unit of my 2002 Yamaha F225 that has corrosion in the dry exhaust stack of the mid section
  2. The F115 and F150 has a different type of corrosion either at the bottom of the cylinder and head or at the bottom of the exhaust portion of the cylinder block. The Yamaha-built Merc 225 has similar corrosion problems as the mentioned problems with the F200-250
  3. Our Yamaha REPAIR KIT 2 diagram shows you how your impeller is situated in your engine. If you check out #26 on the diagram, you'll find the Yamaha F225 impeller replacement kit, which brings many of those impeller components together. You can also purchase the Yamaha F225 impeller by itself. It's a part that costs about $25, and replacing it.
  4. Yamaha F225 4stroke exhaust corrosion. . My Dad and I discovered this issue on my 2001 Suzuki 140DT. Ordered a new one and changed it immediately. The boat had never been in salt water, so I think that was why the old plug had not corroded as bad. If you have an outboard that was put in the water in 03 it started corroding in 03 regardless.
  5. Most of the Yamaha corrosion is on engines mounted on larger boats, often under propped, and almost always in the Southern salt water areas and rarely in the colder northern sea water environments. Yamaha uses a dry exhaust system unlike other engine so exhaust gas temperatures are higher than in water injected exhaust systems

The corrosion issue has nothing to do with flushing. It occurs in the dry exhaust passages. Yamaha is still tight lipped about the problem, but they did come out with the repair kit that they basically sell at cost (about $700) I was ticked that I had to have the repairs done, but 2k into a 10 yr old motor ain't too bad I suppose It was 2000 to mid 2004 F225's and F200's that had the corrosion problems. The 225's issues were more widespread, partly because it was just a more popular engine, and there was more of them out there. But they both had the exhaust corrosion problems in those years.-That should do it. But if you have a further question on this feel free to fire. Water Pump Repair Kits - Sea Water. Oil Coolers. MerCruiser Exhaust System. Yamaha Upper Casing Exhaust Kit. This Genuine Yamaha kit applies to all 2004 and newer F200 - F225 - F250 3,3L V6 outboards. Reviews 2. Write Your Own Review. You're reviewing: Yamaha Outboard Exhaust Kit - Fits 2004 & Newer F200 - F225 - F250 3.3L V6 - MAR.

Jan 9, 2017. #14. SIM Yamaha has a repair kit which includes a new Oil Pump for less than $1200. Labor should be around 10 hours. EXHAUST KIT WITH OIL PUMP FOR 2004~2007, 25 F200, F225 & F250HP MOTORS EXHAUSTKIT0405SIM. I'll post pictures and more detailed information when the repair is complete Last year I had a Yamaha certified mechanic (dealership) 200+ miles away that I mis-trust-less-than-the-others change my water pump and thermostats. I asked them to check for the exhaust corrosion/cancer when they had the lower unit off. They looked at me like I was crazy and said that they had never heard of the exhaust corrosion issue

F225 Teardown - Exhaust Corrosion Repair - Page 11 - TheF225 Teardown - Exhaust Corrosion Repair - Page 3 - The

Yamaha MAR-EXHKT-03-00 - Yamaha Upper Casing Exhaust Kit

Video: Yamaha F225 4stroke exhaust corrosion

The repair is expensive. A kit with the necessary parts is about $650, but the biggest hit to the wallet is labor, which can top $2,500. In some cases, the power head may have to be replaced, which can cost $10,000 (the F225 retails for more than $17,000), or twice that for owners whose boats have two engines gramps wrote:I just got my Boat US magazine today and there is an article that everyone with a Yamaha f225, specifically 2000/2004 model needs to read. The exhaust is corroding parts of the engine and in some cases the power head may have to be replaced. The cost is in the Thousands of dollars

Water Pump Repair Kits - Sea Water. Oil Coolers. MerCruiser Exhaust System Yamaha Outboard Exhaust Kit - Fits 2004 & Newer F200 - F225 - F250 3.3L V6 - MAR-EXHKT-04-00. MSRP: $731.20. $645.35. Add to Cart. Earn 2500points. Rating: 100%. 2 Reviews. Add to Wish List. Yamaha Outboard Exhaust Kit - Fits 2002-2003 F200 & F225 3.3L V6 - MAR-EXHKT. Yamaha 4-stroke f225 dry exhaust corrosion I bought a used 2003 contender 31, in September of 2015. I went all out, got my captain's license and was getting ready to start an off-shore fishing team with my teenage boys and friends

Yamaha 225 4 strokes with exhaust corrosion issues? 2

Each Yamaha 3.3L V6 F200 F225 & F250 maintenance kit contains all the Genuine Yamaha components needed for Yamaha recommended 20-hour or 100-hour service. Kits include products such as: Yamaha outboard oil filter, Yamaha oil plug drain gaskets, Yamaha water pump repair kit, Yamalube marine gear lube oil, Yamaha outboard lower unit drain gaskets. 11. Apr 9, 2010. #1. I am the new owner of a pair of 225 yamaha 4 strokes 2003 models with 425 hours and have read a few threads with horror stories of corrosion problems inside the motors and exhaust ports. This has probably been beat to death, but since the motors are new to me I would like to know from some experienced owners or mechanics on.

Re: yamaha exhaust problem on 225 hp I don't see any, your dealer if a Yamaha dealer should be able to get on YMBS and search all service bulletins. I have everyone from 2000-2011 and did not see anything about oil leaks on a 4 stroke. Sounds like good ole Mother Nature We have a 2001 Proline with 2 Yamaha 225's on it and it started having some problems. We took it in to Caribee and they said that the motor has lots of corrosion inside it. When we asked around apparently it is a fairly common problem. Yamaha has come out with a Kit to fix it for $5,000 each motor

Yamaha F225 Corrosion Complaints - The Hull Trut

Hi Tan,I have a twin 2004 Yamaha F225 and it has the well known issue of hole in the exhaust. I can fix those. There is corrosion on the powerhead. Do you know anyone in the MA area that could look at read mor The main reason a Yamaha F225 outboard's water pump needs repairing is because of everyday use. The impeller is made of rubber and is constantly rotating against the pump housing (when the motor is running), which causes wear. An impeller has a limited lifespan of 300 hours at best. Another common cause for a water pump to go bad is because the.

As you know, we have been negotiating with Yamaha on a program to address. dry exhaust corrosion on the company¹s F220/F225/F250 engines. After several. meetings, we are pleased to announce that Yamaha has agreed to a plan to. review and address our members¹ complaints. Yamaha has proposed proceeding as follows: · Contact each membe Owners of the Yamaha F225 outboard engine have experienced severe corrosion to the exhaust tube and the oil pan of the motor after little use. One owner saw severe corrosion damage after only 450 hours of use. Typically, owners are seeing severe corrosion after 500-700 hours of use Here is the Email I sent to US Boat I have a Yamaha F225 Model Year 2004. While performing a water pump change in the Fall of the 2011 Season with 600 hours on the engine, I looked up the leg and was horrified to see extreme pitting on the internal surfaces of the leg/exhaust tube. With many pictures taken and consultation with the service manager at Boats Inc in Niantic CT, we determined that. Our Yamaha F200-F225 3.3L V6 maintenance chart outlines everything you need to complete a 20, 100 or 300-hour service - fuel filters, fuel filter cup O-ring, VST filters, oil filters, water pump repair kits, trim piston reseal kit, VST chamber gasket, engine oil, impeller, thermostats, spark plugs, and more

YAMAHA 2004-2005 F115 100 Hour Kit Oil Change Fuel Filter Gear Lube Water Pump. $344.95. YAMAHA F225 Oil Change Kit Fuel Filter Gear Lube Water Pump Trim Maintenance Kit. YAMAHA Clean Out Pump Repair Kit AR SX 230 240 242 Manhole Cover F0R-67609-09-00. $57.90 Jan 24, 2002. Messages. 4,695. Sep 10, 2010. #9. Re: 2005 Yamaha 225 overheating. If it is a salt water motor, it may have a corroded through water plate and exhaust tube inside the midsection. It is not real common but happens often enough that salt water mechanics are familiar with the corrosion problem Water Pump Repair Kits - Sea Water. Oil Coolers. MerCruiser Exhaust System. Customize Yamaha F150 Internal Crankcase Anode Kit With Grommets - 2004 Go back to product details. 67F-11325-00-00. Yamaha F100 F115 F200 F225 F80 F90 Cylinder Crankcase Anode - 67F-11325-00-00 + $0.00. Quantity. 68V-11325-01-00 View and Download Yamaha F225 owner's manual online. F225 outboard motor pdf manual download. Also for: F250, F300, Lf225, Lf300, F250d1, Fl250d1, F300b1, Fl300b1, Lf250 V6 4.2L 300 hp. YAMAHA Yamalube OEM Outboard HD Heavy Duty Gear Lube Kit w/Pump, ACC-GLUBE-HD-QT Lower Unit Oil, 90430-08003-00 Gaskets 4 Stroke V8 F300 F350 5.3L SHO VMAX F200 F225 F250 4.2L Offshore 4.2 out of 5 stars 3 Free Shipping Enjoy low warehouse prices on name-brands â ¦ EXHAUST KIT WITH OIL PUMP FOR 2004~2007, 25 AND 30 F200.

Yamaha F200-250 exhaust corrosion - Yamaha Outboard Parts

I have a F225 outboard motor manufactured in 10/2004. The engine has less than 500 hours on it. I took it in today for its yearly service today. All the service has been done at the same location by certified Yamaha mechanics. I was called today to see damage in the inside of the shaft from the engine block to the propellor The 2004 Mercury 225 FourStroke has 230-hours, and it has substantial corrosion in the dry exhaust stack. Is it worth doing the repair? The repair involves replacing the exhaust stack, oil pan and seals If that fix will give this motor another 1,500-hours of life, I would do the repair

Page 17 Features and benefits Exhaust passage during idle To reduce noise when the engine is idling, the exhaust gas passage of the F225 has adopted a lab- yrinth construction. During idling, the exhaust gas passes through the passage on the side of the exhaust guide, and enters the upper case through a hole in the upper case gasket * All sales are final * We do not accept returns so be sure you are ordering the correct part when ordering. Fits Yamaha V6 F200 F225 F250 F300 4.2L 3.3L Trim Caps DOES NOT FIT SHOWA STYLE UNITS This is a precision made part for a tight fit when biting into a End Cap / Gland this prevents slipping If too much force i In September 2011, according to the complaint, a 'rotten' exhaust tuner and a hole in the exhaust housingand other corrosion damage was too much for her F225, which overheated and failed at sea near Cape Lookout Lighthouse near Core Banks, N.C. Overman and her guests had to be rescued at sea, indeed towed back to shore, and she wound up. I have a 2005 Yamaha F225 outboard with 283 hrs and had to have the exaust port replaced due to corrosion. After the repair by a Yamaha certified mechanic it was making a loud whinning noise and as I read mor Yamaha Motor-Corrosion Suit Dead In The Water, Judge Rules. 2000 to 2004 model years, have a latent defect within the dry side of the exhaust cavities of the motors, leading to corrosion of.

Fits Most 4.2L F225, F250, F300. YAMAHA OEM F225-300 4.2L V6 10W30 Outboard Oil Change Kit. 2010 - 2015+ F225 4.2L. Go it one better. Go with Yamalube 4M. Go your outboard's needs one better. That kind of stress will literally tear automotive engine oils apart NHK MEC KE453 KE-4+ Single Station Dual Engine Kit - Chrome Control Head with Stainless Steel Handles The NHKMEC KE-4+ KE453 Kit is an electronic engine control system for dual mechanical shift and throttle engines. The smooth shifting between gears and.. The add a station kit is used in conjunction with the complete engine control system. A New Direction for the KE+ Line: Seatech Marine Products, Inc. is proud to be the official North American distributor for NHK MEC KE+ electronic engine control systems

This kit makes repair and maintenance of water pumps easy. Product Specifications: Materials: The strongest marine and chemical corrosion resistant hardened nylon and scientifically engineered high performance neoprene rubber. Replacement for Yamaha Part #: 61A-W0078-01, Sierra 18-3395. Applications: 115HP V4 1994 - C115 (6E5 NHK MEC - NM0533-00 Electronic Engine Control Head - Dual Lever - Twin Engine - Chrome - KEa Systems - (Previously Morse) (If you are looking for a new system or the new KE+ control heads, please see our KE+ kits here .). NHK MEC has manufactured the KE electronic engine control line since 1994, previously known in the states as Morse Subscribe to our newsletter. Receive $5 off your first purchase of $100 or more Yamaha MAR-EXHKT-03-00 Exhaust Kit F200-225 2002 2003; MAREXHKT0300 (Yamaha LIT-11561-00-95 to MAR-MTRCV-ER-10). Exhaust Kit F200-225 2002 200

Yamaha F225 Corrosion Complaints BoatU

1. I like my F225 and aside from the corrosion it has been a great engine, now closing in on 1000hrs of running time BUT when/if the time comes to re-power, as a result of how this situation was handled, I will not automatically have another Yamaha bolted on and will shop the other brands
  2. 1987. V6EXCELLH. V6EXCELXH. Your Yamaha 225 HP outboard takes you places, or at least it used to. Now the get up and go just got up and left. That is what we here at Boats.net call a short-term problem. Whatever the issue is with your motor, we stock thousands of OEM Yamaha outboard parts to solve any problem
  3. New exhaust kit just installed and I think the issue start after the kit was I have a F225 outboard motor manufactured in 10/2004. The engine has less than 500 hours on it. I have a 2005 Yamaha F225 outboard with 283 hrs and had to have the exaust port replaced due to corrosion. After the repair by a Yamaha certified mechanic it was.
  4. Yamaha F225 Manuals Manuals and User Guides for Yamaha F225. We have 6 Yamaha F225 manuals available for free PDF download: Owner's Manual, Maintenance Manua
  5. You can shop yamaha outboard parts by serial number or model number on our site to locate your OEM Yamaha parts. It's really that simple. We're proud to serve our friends in Miami, New York, Chicago, and many more. If you need assistance or have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@yamahaonlineparts.com
  6. 2. Oct 18, 2006. #1. I own a 2002 Yamaha F225 4-stroke. I bought the boat and motor used with 100 salt water hours in Florida in 2004. Since owning the boat I have short fresh water seasons in the North. In 2005 and 140 hrs I took the motor in for a recall on the throttle linkage and the shop said I needed a new impellor and housing
  7. 2004 Yamaha F225 Tick, Tick, Tick Not rated yet Just had my 2004 Yamaha F225 power head rebuilt. Just got the boat back and put her in the water and I'm hearing a Clicking sound. If I rev the engine
Exhaust issue for 2320 - 225 Yamaha | BloodydecksF225 Teardown - Exhaust Corrosion Repair - The Hull Truth

For sale is a used exhaust guide plate for Yamaha outboards. The Yamaha part number is 69J-41137-00-94. You will receive one used exhaust guide in great condition. It does not have any corrosion, cracks or other damage. This exhaust plate is compatible with many Yamaha F225 Hp outboard models. It may fit more than this Yamaha Marine F225 XA, TLR 250TXR Engine Re-Manufactured SHORT BLOCK Yr Warranty. $4,288.00. Yamaha Marine 150 Hp. S150 V6 Engine POWER HEAD Re-Manufactured 1 Yr. Warranty. $4,144.06 2003 F225 Yamaha 225hp Outboard 4 Stroke Charging Stator Assy 69j-81410-01-00. $189.99 2003 F225 Yamaha 225hp Outboard 4 Stroke Charging Pulser Coil 69j-85580-00-00. $185.00 Yamaha F225 225 Hp V Max Bottom Cowling Assy Pn 69j-42710-01-8d Fits 2003-2004. $174.50 F225 2003 For Sale - Marine Boat Parts For Sal Yamaha Outboard Services Specializing in servicing and maintaining Yamaha outboards, our service department is an authorized Yamaha key dealer providing warranty and parts. LIT-18616-02-65 Service Repair Manual Application: 2004 04' & 2005 05' Yamaha Marine Outboard 40HP (40-HP) & 50HP (50-HP) 4-Stroke Engines Read PDF 2003 Yamaha F225 Hp Outboard Service Repair Manual 2003 Yamaha F225 Hp Outboard Service Repair Manual This is likewise one of the factors by obtaining the soft documents of this 2003 yamaha f225 hp outboard service repair manual by online. You might not require more time to spend to go to the books launch as capably as search for them

There may be others who have faced replacement or repair costs related to post-warranty corrosion damage on a Yamaha 2000 to 2004 model year First Generation Four Stroke Outboard motor. For a free attorney consultation to determine whether there is an entitlement to compensation, one may contact Reich & Binstock online by submitting the. Yamaha exhaust kit install. F200 F225 F250 Yamaha exhaust kit install. F200 F225 F250 von Maine Boat Guy vor 1 Jahr 29 Minuten 11.667 Aufrufe video showing exhaust replacement on , yamaha 4 stroke outboard , . applies to 200, 225 and 250 , hp , . Oil Change - Yamaha F225 Four Stroke on Everglades 243cc - 1st attemp

Parts, lubricants, and sealants Use only genuine Yamaha parts, lubricants, and sealants or those recommended by Yamaha, when servicing or repairing the out- board motor. Ventilation Gasoline vapor and exhaust gas are heavier than air and extremely poisonous. Page 8: Good Working Practices Safety while working Disassembly and assembly 6 F225A. MSRP $28,311.00. The next generation of Yamaha V6 four strokes. They're quicker, stronger, smarter and lighter -with class-leading 4.2L displacement that outperforms comparable four strokes on time-to-plane, cruise speed, weight -even fuel economy. Build & Price Yours Now

Yamaha F225 Corrosion Complaints BoatUS. Boatus.com DA: 14 PA: 50 MOZ Rank: 64. Recently, the BoatUS Consumer Protection Bureau has been made aware of dozens of reports regarding serious corrosion problems in Yamaha outboards, specifically 2000 to 2004, first-generation F225 models; Over time — the issue usually surfaces after 500 to 700 hours of use — the engine's exhaust gases appear to. In September 2011, according to the complaint, a 'rotten' exhaust tuner and a hole in the exhaust housing and other corrosion damage was too much for her F225, which overheated and failed at sea near Cape Lookout Lighthouse near Core Banks, N.C. Overman and her guests had to be rescued at sea, indeed towed back to shore, and she wound. 1998 - 2002 Yamaha 150 - 225 Outboard OX66 HPDI Oil Tank Level Gauge Switch. $49.99. $11.69 shipping. 2 watching. Yamaha oil level gauge assembly. PN 61A-85730-00-00. 5 out of 5 stars