Home

Quantum IDE Hard drive Jumper settings

Jumper Settings for Toshiba 2

Maxtor & Quantum ATA Hard Disk Drive Jumper Settings Hard Disk Repair / By DataRecoveryUnion.com If your drive came with two jumpers and your setting only calls for one, you can place the extra jumper horizontally accross the top row for storage jumper block is incorporated into the ATA / IDE cable connector. Using the jumper pins you can establish the drive Master/Slave configuration. The Maxtor Fireball Plu KX was developed by Quantum Corporation prior to its merger with Maxtor. BIOS Settings Maxtor (and Quantum) drives follow the jumper configuration noted below: The drive is configured at the factory for a cable select setting. This allows the drive to assume the proper role of master or slave based on the connector used on the cable (see the UltraATA cable figure above) Provides jumper configuration information for the Fireball LCT drive. See the diagram below for configuring the jumper settings on your Quantum Fireball lct08, Fireball lct10, Fireball lct15, or Fireball lct20 disk drive. This diagram applies to both the Fireball lct08 and Fireball LCT10 ATA disk drives IDE hard disk drive settings. IDE hard disk drives for the IBM PC/IBM IntelliStation series computers use jumpers to set the drives as primary (master) or secondary (slave) IDE hard disk drive settings. 1. Primary (Master) hard disk drive. 2

The Maxtor® Fireball™ CX disk drive has only one location where user configurable jumpers are found. The jumper block is incorporated into the ATA / IDE cable connector. Using the jumper pins you can establish the drive Master/Slave configuration. The Maxtor Fireball CX was developed by Quantum Corporation prior to its merger with Maxtor Quantum ships all ProDrive 120/170/210AT hard disk drives with no jumper installed on the SP jumper pins. SS Drive Mode Jumper Option-----The drive mode jumper options maintains compatibility with the ProDrive 40/80 AT hard disk drives. When a jumper is installed on the SS jumper pins, the ProDrive 120/170/210AT hard disk drive is in Although IDE hard drives are starting to be replaced by SATA drives which offer faster data transfer rates there are still many computers out there that use IDE drives. If you ever have ever had to replace an IDE hard drive or CD/DVD drive for that matter you may have noticed that there are jumper settings that have to be set to make the computer recognize the drive correctly

If your existing drive is set for Cable Select, then set your new drive to Cable Select also. You can change the existing jumper settings on the original drive. Locate the jumper block on the back of the hard drive. There are eight pins arranged in two rows on the right side, directly beside the power connector Enable termination TE jumper on Disable termination TE jumper off SCSI ID (A2, A1, A0) Set drive SCSI ID See ID settings table below Park (PK) Used for spare jumper N/A Jumper Locations The Fireball ST disk drive has one location where user configurable jumpers are found. The jumper block for the Fireball ST is found on the disk drive printed. jumpers. Most hard drives have a schematic either silk screened onto the case of the drive, or the schematic is on a label near the jumper pins. If you have difficulty locating this information, visit the hard drive manufacturer's website. If your existing hard drive is configured as Master, then set your new hard drive to Slave. QUANTUM GODRIVE 60/120 AT PRODUCT MANUAL 81-100947-03 Jumper Setting ===== GoDrive 60/120AT hard disk drives can be configured as a master or a slave drive, using either the jumper blocks on the drive's controller board or by grounding certain lines on the interface connector Some computers use cable-select technology for identifying IDE harddrive device 0 (master) and device 1 (slave), depending on where they areconnected on the cable-select cable. The configuration jumpers on bothhard drives are set the same. The jumpers are preset for cable-selectinstallation

A list of Quantum hard drive settings and specifications on Quantum hard disk drives. A list of Quantum hard drive settings and specifications on Quantum hard disk drives. Skip to Main Content IDE: BIG FOOT 2.1 GB: 2.1 GB: 4092: 16: 63: 65535: 4092: IDE: BIG FOOT 2.5 GB: 2.5 GB: 4994: 16: 63: 65535: 4994: IDE: MODEL (DAYTONA SERIES) SIZE. Quantum ATA/IDE hard drives are usually shipped with the DS jumper installed. The DS setting is correct if the hard drive is going to be installed as the only ATA device on the cable (Single device setting) or if it is going to be installed as the MASTER, or the first of two ATA devices installed on the same cable The jumper pins are similar to the pins on the I/O plate on a motherboard. You enable particular settings by placing a jumper shunt onto specific pins—creating an electrical circuit between them. The settings these jumpers enable are hard-coded onto a drive's programmed printed circuit board. So what do jumpers do The jumper should always be on pins B-D for Cable Select installations. Installing the new drive as the only drive in the system: If you are connecting your drive as the only IDE drive on the cable, please ensure that a jumper is connected to pins B-D on the 2.5″ drive. Simply connect the drive to the end of the cable

My hard drive doesn't have the jumper settings on the label: Find the model number and visit the manufacturer's website. They should have some instructions posted. If not, email their support. My 40 GB hard drive only show up as 38.2 GB: The formatted space will always be a bit less than the advertised storage capacity Know how to Setup jumper setting in just few seconds.Explained clearly how to do. Very easy step DS - Drive Select CS - Cable Select PK - Park, used as a place to store a jumper. Figure 5- 7 (Above) 3.5 Hard Disk (Quantum Fireball TM Series) Jumper Layout. Table 5-6 Quantum Fireball TM and ST Series Hard Disk Drive Jumper Settings Solved. Quantum HD Jumper Settings. I need to get files off an old Quantum HD - 8.4AT P/N LAO8O11 Rev 01-A. The plan is to use USB Transfer Case (Currently being used successfully with another old HD). I thought I had the Jumpers figured for the 8.4 AT but evidently not, as I haven't been able to access it yet, and I believe the HD is good Jumper Settings for Quantum Fireball LCT15. I took the Hard disk out of my daughters circa 2000 Compac desktop and want to use a IDE Hard Drive Enclosure to read and copy the pixs and folders onto my Vista HP laptop. I changed the settings to my previous HD that was inside and initially I could read the drives

Maxtor Jumper Settings. Please match the back of your drive to one of the Styles below to find the correct jumper settings. Note: If you are unable to match your drive to one of the Styles below please visit the Product Index Page and select your drive model. The jumper information is in the Technical Specifications drop-down menu under Quick Specs Connect the drive using the Master connector on the primary IDE cable. Set the second hard disk jumper to Slave (use the Cable Select selection if Cable Select was set on the first hard drive). Connect the drive using the Slave connector on the primary IDE cable. Set the CD/DVD drive jumper as Cable Select computer hardware & networking course in hindi by pmkvy ftcp kapil computer hardware & networking course in hindi by pmkvy ftcp kapi To configure a drive as the Master (Drive 0), a jumper must be installed on the DS pins. The Quantum Fireball 540/1080AT hard disk drives are shipped from the factory as a Master (Drive 0 - DS jumper installed)

Maxtor & Quantum ATA Hard Disk Drive Jumper Settings

Today we are using SATA hard drives in our computers whether it is a desktop or a laptop. However, back in the day we used what was known as a IDE hard drive.. The most common settings are used to define the drive as the primary or secondary drive on the IDE cable. [Master / Slave] Quantum IDE drives have additional jumper settings used for optional features found on the drive. Listed below are the various jumper options that may be found on Quantum IDE drives and the corresponding feature that they. Information on setting jumpers Western Digital hard drives EIDE disks All Caviar drives have a jumper block (J8) located between the 40-pin IDE connector and the power connector. These jumpers select options physical hard disk detection. All Caviar Drives are factory set for the installation of cable select

1. ations on it, yeah? Host (your adapter) -> Slave -> Master. If the drive is connected to the very end of the cable, the pins should be set to Master. If the drive is connected to the center of the cable, the pins should be set to Slave
  2. 2 Answers2. This document should tell you all. These jumpers configure state of the multi I/O card devices, and their port locations. The document states different chip UM82C865F, but the jumper functionality should be the same or similar. At the end of the day you can figure out yourself
  3. Serial ATA (SATA) I, II, and 6 Gb/s Hard Drive Jumper Settings for 3.5 drives: Important: Caviar Black drives that have a model number of WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0 use the SATA 3.0 Gb/s pin layout - setting Jumpers 5 & 6 on these model drives will enable OPT1 which will set your drive to 1.5 Gb/s
  4. Jumper drives as Master and Slave rather than Cable Select (CS) and see if that helps. To ensure cable compatibilty when using CS, you will need an 80 wire, 40 pin IDE cable. 0 Vote
  5. Hard drive Jumper Settings and Hard drive Transfer Modes Information. Quantum A1 + A2: Western Digital - All Systems: ATA/ATAPI-4: Single, Master and Slave Drives and Jumpering It is and always has managed to be a better interface for hard drives and CDROM drives than IDE and its various versions, even the new ATA66/100/133 (Ultra DMA66.

jumpers. Most hard drives have a schematic either silk screened onto the case of the drive, or the schematic is on a label near the jumper pins. If you have diffi culty locating this information, visit the hard drive manufacturer's website. If your existing hard drive is confi gured as Master, then set your new hard drive to Slave. Virtually every ATA/IDE desktop hard disk drive uses a 4-pin Molex power connector. The same power connector, by the way, is also used by ATA/IDE optical drives (CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD rewritable, and so forth), and a small version is used by some types of ATA/IDE removable-media drives and by floppy drives

AT-IDE-EIDE (3.5 and 5.25-Inch) HDD Jumper Setting AT-IDE HD Jumper setting(HD-pictures above) Drive Jumper marked 1st for primary (Master) / 2nd is secondary (Slave) drive in machine. Type 1170MB 340MB 424MB 850MB 2.0GB and 2.5GB Drives with Tabs Type 2170MB 270MB 363MB 540MB 727MB 1.2GB and 1.7GB (Deskstar) Drives with Tab 6: Set the jumpers. ­ First, set the jumpers (if it is an IDE drive). Let's talk about this in more detail, because most people have IDE drives. In the IDE system, most motherboards allow you to have two IDE cables. Each cable can connect to two drives. Usually you use one cable to connect one or two optical drives to your machine Hi. I have a Quantum Fireball LCT 08 4.3AT hard drive with vital information on it that I am trying to place in a system which is running a Pentium 166 (it's a Packard Bell). I have have the hard drive set to master 0 and have the cables correct, as well as the HD jumper set to master. My other master is set to the CD I have an old 40 gig Maxtor hard drive, and it doesn't show any jumper settings on it. The hard drive died and I have some data on it I would like to attempt to recover. I need to figure out how to set it to a slave before I can do that, does anyone know how to set this thing as a slave? If you need any additional info, I'll try my best

Hard Drive/IDE/SCSI Drivers Quantum Fireball Cx 3.5 series Jumper settings If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above On SATA hard drives, jumper settings enable or disable enterprise-level features. Setting the jumpers correctly on a hard drive requires the proper placement of a plastic-encased, metal jumper shunt over two pins on the hard drive jumper block, as shown in Figure 1. Figure 1. Jumper Block Location SATA Hard Drive Jumper Settings Labeling may indicate to place this jumper when configuring as a slave. This is to provide for retention of the jumper in the event it is needed later. Page 2 Fireball SE fireball_se_jumper.pdf BIOS Settings The following BIOS parameters are provided for customers needing to manually configure the Quantum disk drive. Both base 2 and base 10. Setting the jumpers correctly on a hard drive requires the placement of a jumper shunt over two pins on the hard drive jumper block. Figure C shows a jumper block on a typical IDE hard drive and a. Quantum Fireball Hard Drive Services Available and Drives Wanted. Quantum Fireball Series Jumper Layout. This Page helps support the older Quantum Fireball Series Hard Drives Released Circa 1998 Primarily found in Gateway 2000 & Compaq Desktop PC's. These Drives were basically defective from the factory and no real repair system was offered at.

Jumper settings for Seagate and Maxtor ATA hard drives

All Caviar drives have a jumper block (J8) located next to the 40-pin connector on the drive. These jumpers select options on the hard drive.The Caviar drive is factory set for a single drive installation. All newer Caviar drives are shipped with a jumper shunt in the neutral storage position (across pins 5 and 3) for future dual drive use Re: Jumper settings for a second hard drive. That system only has one regular space for a hard drive. You may find that a new drive will fit either in or below the floppy drive space. If that is the case, you will need to use the cable feeding your CD assuming that you only have one CD drive. If so, the CD should be set as CS (Cable Select) and. Your 2 IDE channels MUST be set up as: 1 Master, 1 Slave (make the fastest device the master) You can put both hd on one channel and the opticals on the other channel or 1 hd and one optical. As long as you have 1 MASTER and 1 SLAVE PER channel. Again, always make the fastest drive the MASTER (And connect it to the END of the IDE cable, the.

Hard Drive Wiping for Refurbishers - iFixit

Jumper setting diagram for all Fireball LCT series hard

In Windows: Win 7 disk management, no sign of the hard drive. In Linux: Hard drive detected and I am able to use the partition editor to manipulate the drive, like formatting and partitioning. (So hard drive defect ruled out) In WD diagnostic tools (DOS based): The drive is detected and no errors found. (So the hard drive is good). Tried all. Disconnect all other IDE devices on the primary controller and reconfigure the hard disk drive to be the master drive on the primary controller. When checking the drive for proper jumper configuration, there are 3 settings to consider: Master, Slave and Cable Select the two drives using the CS jumper, set the CS jumper to CLOSED and the DS jumper to OPEN on each drive. Once you install the CS jumper, the drive is configured as a Master or Slave by state of the Cable Select signal, which is pin 28 at the IDE-bus interface connector. Quantum uses pin 28 as a vendor-specifi CHANGE THE JUMPER SETTINGS OF ANY DRIVE THAT YOU RECEIVED IN YOUR KIT. In a one-jumper Quantum or Maxtor hard drive, the jumper should be moved to the furthest left-hand position (again, ignoring the single pin). Gently remove the jumper with the end of a paper clip or your fingernail and move it to the proper position The Quantum Fireball was a brand of 3.5-inch hard disk drives made by Quantum Corporation from 1995 to 2001. The first models in the series were 5400 RPM and came in 0.54 and 1.08 GB capacities, while the Quantum Fireball Plus was known for being Quantum's first 7200 RPM Integrated Drive Electronics (IDE) hard drive. There were sixteen different models of the Quantum Fireball, with the last.

PicClick Insights - Quantum ProDrive LPS170A 170MB 3.5INCH IDE HARD DRIVE 191404775415 HDD TESTED! PicClick Exclusive Popularity - 407 views, 0.7 views per day, 543 days on eBay. Super high amount of views. 0 sold, 1 available Otherwise, the jumper settings on the drive PCB will determine its SCSI ID. The default is zero. SCSIADR - SCSI Address (Byte 3, Bits 2-0) ----- If SSID (Bit 3 of byte 3) is set to one, SCSIADR determines the drive's SCSI ID. If SSID is set to zero, the jumper settings on the drive PCB determine its SCSI ID First you need to install the new IDE hard drive as the secondary [Slave] after setting the jumpers to the Cable select [CS] setting. How to install a second IDE hard drive. <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> System Setup. After the physical installation of the hard drive, check in the setup, that the hard drive.

Hard drive jumper settings - IBM IntelliStatio

Quantum Bigfoot™ 5.25-inch hard disk drives, designed for value-oriented personal computer systems, combine very high capacity with excellent cost-per-megabyte economics. Offered in formatted capacities of 1,286, 2,110, and 2,577 megabytes (MB) of storage, these products are particularly well-suited to multimedia systems and applications that. to a hard drive, a floppy drive or a sound card. If no drives or cables are attached to your secondary IDE port, you may need to purchase a new 40-pin IDE cable to run from the secondary IDE port to your tape drive. Attach the new IDE cable to the secondary port and to the tape drive as shown in the illustration 4a Jumpers manually configure computer peripherals, such as the motherboard, hard drives, modems, sound cards, and other components.For example, if your motherboard supported intrusion detection, a jumper can be set to enable or disable this feature.. In the past, before plug and play, jumpers were used to adjust device resources, such as changing what IRQ the device uses Technology guru Michael Frushour is The Computer Doctor! On this episode, Michael shows viewers how to install an IDE internal hard drive into a desktop comp..

Re: Jumper Settings.. You can set them both to Cable Select or set the HDD you wish to use as Master as Master and the Drive you wish to use as the Slave as Slave. The Master HDD should be connected to the end of the ribbon cable and the slave should be connected to the middle connector of the ribbon cable Quantum Bigfoot 4.3GB IDE Hard Drive, Bigfoot CY 4320AT (As-Is) Price: $ 15.95 Feedback: 100%, 5 sales Ask seller a question: Payment with: Cash On delivery, Cash On delivery Maxtor Z1 2.5-inch SSD. Robust and reliable internal SSD that improves performance of your laptop or desktop system. Sequential read/write up to 540MB/s and 475MB/s. Standard 2.5-inch form factor with SATA interface for easy upgrade. 1.2M MTBF, 3-year limited warranty Shop Unitek. ( 3) SATA/IDE to USB 3.0 Adapter, UNITEK IDE Hard Drive Adapter for Universal 2.5/3.5 Inch IDE and SATA External HDD/SSD with 12V 2A Power Adapter, Support 10TB. $ 28.99. -. ( 1) Unitek SATA to USB 3.0, SATA III Cable Hard Drive Adapter Converter for Universal 2.5/3.5 SATA HDD/SSD Hard Drive Disk and SATA Optical Drive, Include.

Hard Drive: QUANTUM: PRODRIVE 120 AT 120MB 3

= The Quantum ProDrive does not require Write Pre compensation, your CMOS setting should be set to reflect that this feature is not enabled. A value of 65535 is a. Use this jumper setting only if the drive does not work as a master. Setting the Jumpers on a Western Digital hard drive. Cable Select Configuration Options for PC Systems: If you have determined that your system and all other IDE devices support and are using Cable Select, please use the following information to connect your IDE drive. The. Listing of maxtor computer hard disk drive settings. MODEL (80000 SERIES) SIZE CYL HDS SECT WPCOMP LZONE Type; 80875A2: 875 MB: 1700: 16: 63: Kingwin USI-2535 Universal USB 2.0 to SSD/SATA/IDE Adapter for 2.5 Inch, 3.5 Inch, 5.25 Inch Hard Drives with One Touch Back-Up, and Power Supply Included. Perfect Solution for Easily Access, Back Up, Black/silver. Package includes: EZ-Connect Adapter with one touch back-up feature, USB Connector, SATA Connector, Power Plug/AC Adapter Connect to three different sizes of drive mechanism to USB. Re: Jumper Settings on Quantum HDD « Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 01:08:21 AM » The Quantum/Maxtor drives I have & have used in the past all have the same set up of no jumpers at all for slave setting

PPT - Chapter 3: Computer Assembly PowerPoint Presentation

Master, Slave and Cable Select Hard Drive Jumper Settings

1. Quick Guide - Installation of a Desktop ATA (IDE) Hard Drive Installing the hard drive as the boot drive: 1. Check the jumper settings. The drive needs to be set for master or cable select depending on your system's cabling. Check jumper documentation in your manual or on our web site for specific settings. 2
  2. PATA Drive Jumper Settings . Note: This is a legacy page. This diagram shows the jumper assignments for one popular line of EIDE hard drives. Your drive's jumper settings may be different and can be found in the drive's documentation and/or on a label attached to the drive. let's mention again that all devices attached to the IDE.
  3. IDE drive jumper notes When connecting IDE drives, you must set the jumpers properly for the drives to work. IDE drives have Master and Slave settings, and you can only have 1 Master and 1 Slave on the same cable. Some drives (most notably Western Digital) also have a special Single drive setting for when a drive is the only drive on the cable
  4. WD hard drives jumper settings and SATA 1.5 Gbps limit · the.Zedt. Hardware 21 Mar 2014. 21 Mar 2014. Hard disk jumpers where a necessary nuisance in the IDE/ (P-)ATA days. Not having the necessary jumper or not knowing their proper placement made the difference between a functional hard drive and one not getting recognized by the computer
  5. e the order in which IDE devices (i.e. hard drives, CD-ROM drive, etc.), attached to a single cable, are detected by the system. Western Digital IDE hard drives have a 10-pin jumper block located next to the 40-pin IDE connector on the hard drive. After you have deter

How you can Change Jumper Settings on the Hard Disk

IDE master/slave. Slave is one of two main settings for a hard disk. The other being Master. If you are building a computer you can set hard drives to be master or slave (Plus a few others depending on hard drive type (like cable select )). These are selected by putting a jumper in certain positions (or sometimes removing the jumper) Please confirm the model number. Both the Dell Inspiron 620 and the 620s (slimline case) have SATA for both hard drive and DVD drives - no IDE/PATA at all. The way SATA works is one plug for power and one plug for data. I would assume the POWER cable (above) would run to your power supply, not your motherboard

Ingenieros De Computos: Disco DuroComo configurar tu Disco Duro IDE Maestro-Esclavo - Taringa!quantum 3Jumper settings for Seagate and Maxtor ATA hard drives

Those commands could not be passed through to a standard hard drive as the hard drive simply wouldn't know what to do with them. I suspect that the 'ACD' jumper setting on this device is what is used to tell the system that it is communicating with a non-hard drive device so it knows it can pass on non-hard drive related SCSI commands to the. In single drive configurations, connect the primary drive to the end connector on the 40-pin 80-conductor cable. From the horses mouth. Here are some quotes from leading websites about connecting IDE devices: Intel - Installing the 80-Conductor IDE Cable. The 40-pin 80-conductor cable is orientation specific What is jumper setting in hard disk? Jumpers are used to configure the settings for computer peripherals, such as the motherboard, hard drives, modems, sound cards, and other components. For example, if your motherboard supported intrusion detection, a jumper can be set to enable or disable this feature. Click to see full answer